Accommodation In Devon: Bracken Tor Lodge
Bracken Tor Lodge is on the site of the former South-West Water treatment works next to Bracken Tor House and the two have been combined with a single site entrance. This unique building was first converted in 2006 with sustainability, environment and conservation in mind. It has retained many of the features from the original building with addition of underfloor heating and double-glazed windows. In 2014 the building was extended to create 4 new bedrooms. There is a lounge/dining room with a self catering kitchen with 8 bedrooms upstairs sleeping up to 36 people.
- 2 Bunk rooms with 4 to 8 beds sleeping 4 to 8 people
- 2 Ensuite Rooms with Bunk Beds sleeping 4 people
- 2 Ensuite Rooms with Bunk Beds sleeping 5 people including double bed on base.
- 2 Single Bed rooms
- Self-catering Kitchen
- Washroom and toilets
- Multi-use Lounge and Dining Area
- Pull-down projection screen for use as meeting room
- Campfire area & Picnic Benches
- Car parking for up to 7 vehicles.
- Bracken Tor House & Bracken Tor Lodge (formerly the Filter House) can be booked together allowing a total occupancy of 72 people. For groups booking both Bracken Tor and Bracken Tor Lodge there is a linking path, making it easy to connect to the dining room at Bracken Tor.
Outside, there are picnic benches, so that when the sun is out, you can sit and enjoy the woodland surrounding on the edge of Dartmoor. Just beyond the Bracken Tor Lodge, you can walk on footpaths onto Dartmoor and the Granite Way cycling track is a short distance down the main road.
Reception: The main reception is at the entrance by the car park for Bracken Tor House & Bracken Tor Lodge. The main bookings office is at YHA Okehampton, a short distance away, and all exclusive hire parties booked to the centre will be contacted to discuss access to the venue.