At a Glance
- A fun-filled paddle down the River Exe
- Suitable for families and groups
- Includes transport from YHA, equipment and instruction
- Bookable places during School Holidays
- Gift Vouchers available (Premium Activity Day)
- Bookable for Day Adventure Club participants(8 to 16 years)
A day out gliding down the rivers and along the canal. Great for those looking for a different type of adrenalin rush, when you take the water slides down the Exe in your canoe, it will test your ability to avoid a dip! This paddle trip usually uses Canadian Canoes that seat 2 or 3 people, and uses the Exe Loop, a combination of Exeter Canal and River Exe.
Next running at Easter 2020, unless you have a group of 4 or more. Suitable for ages 8+ (5 – 7 year olds can take part if accompanied by an adult).
What do I need?
Essentials (we recommend wearing a centre wetsuit, unless we are blessed with great weather)
Sturdy shoes – trainers/walking boots are fine
Swimwear (to wear under a wetsuit)
Bottle of water/juice (we provide drinking water refills, to keep plastic usage down please bring your own bottles)
Lunch (packed lunches available – pre-order essential)
Thermos with hot beverage of choice