At a Glance
- Travel trade rates offered to selected clients
- Bookable experiences for groups of 2 to 60 people
- Immersive experiences on Dartmoor National Park
- FIT welcome during selected periods
Dartmoor is a land of mystery and mist, steeped in folklore, ancient route-ways with a history of human occupation dating back over 4000 years. It has the highest density of Bronze age settlements in the UK with over 5000 sites listed from the 365 square miles of the national park.
Adventure Okehampton offer a range of different experiences here on Dartmoor, many of which are available for travel trade bookings, with preferential rates for selected suppliers.
Cycle the Granite Way
This is a spectacular new cycle ride through rural Devon with fantastic views of Dartmoor and the surrounding countryside. The Granite Way runs along Dartmoor’s old Victorian railway, offering a unique way to see the dramatic granite landscape of Dartmoor, as well as iconic bridges, castles and sites of geological interest.
- Discover the history of the former Victorian railway line, enjoy spectacular views of moors, castles and the granite tors
- Sightseeing opportunities – Meldon’s unique twinned viaduct and Lydford Jail
- Relax after your ride with a traditional Devon Cream Tea
- Electric Bikes available for those riders who struggle with the hills.
Getting to grips with Granite
A full day out on Dartmoor with fantastic views of some classic Granite Tors and the surrounding countryside. The tors here have provided inspiration for climbers for over 200 years, and this experience offers a unique way to see the dramatic granite landscape of Dartmoor, as well as sites of archaeological and geological interest.
- Touching the rough surface of the granite tors and seeing the landscape from unusual perspectives
- Sightseeing opportunities – some of the sites of archaeological and geological interest
What do I need to bring?
Suitable clothes for cycling or climbing and flat shoes such as trainers that lace tightly. A small rucksack is useful for carrying cameras, water bottles, waterproofs sunscreen, sunglasses, sweets, etc.